Thank you to everyone (nearly 200 of you!) that took part in the Pixelmator contest. It’s a fantastic application, and definitely worth finding out more about if you’re looking for a Photoshop alternative.
Without further ado, the three winning comments are:
- David Lackovic: i posted it on twitter: https://twitter.com/dlackovic/status/1402912925
- Alvaro Costa Neto: Posted on Twitter. http://twitter.com/nepheus/status/1403639695 Gonna post it on my website also: http://www.cosmobloco.com. Both are in portuguese from Brazil. Good luck everyone!
- Craig Paterson: Tweeted – http://twitter.com/cpfusion/status/1419798424
Congratulations, and I hope you enjoy using the app. Sorry if you missed out this time, but I do have one more copy of Pixelmator that I’ll be giving away at some point via Twitter. Feel free to follow AppStorm so you don’t miss out!
It’s that time of the week again… are you feeling ready to enter another competition? This week we’re giving away three copies of the fantastic Pixelmator. I was really impressed with the app in my review, and am thrilled that we’ve been offered a few copies to give away to our delightful readers!
To enter the competition this week, you simply need to do two things:
- Post a link to this competition – either on your website, or via Twitter
- Leave a comment, letting me know where you posted the link
Simple! The competition will run for one week, and I’ll pick three winning comments at random on April 3rd 2009. As with all competitions, there’s just one legal point to make – you aren’t eligible to take part if you work for Envato.
Best of luck!
Thank you to everyone who entered the RapidWeaver competition last week. It was fascinating to take a look at your websites, and great to run a concurrent competition via Twitter. The results are in, but before announcing the winners I’d like to say a big thanks to Real Mac Software for sponsoring a couple of competitions on AppStorm recently. They’re producing some fantastic apps at the moment!
I’m pleased to announce that the winning, randomly selected commenter is:
- Pete, of http://peterlodinski.deviantart.com/
The Twitter competition winner, announced last Friday, was @autonomydesign with this delightfully random Tweet (in response to the question “What will you be doing this weekend?”)
Congratulations to the winners, and sorry to those who missed out. For your browsing pleasure, here are a few of the website links I particularly liked!
RapidWeaver is a great app for designing websites in a visual, template driven environment. Having recently reviewed RapidWeaver, we’re lucky enough to have two copies to give away to you beautiful readers. If you’re searching for a simple and powerful way to design a website, look no further.
One copy will be given away via Mac AppStorm, and another via Twitter. To enter:
- Leave a comment on this post with your current website address (or, if you don’t have a website, an idea for what you’d like to create with RapidWeaver)
- Follow us on Twitter – I’ll be asking a question via Twitter at a random time this week. The best answer will win!
Good luck, and feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions!
Thank you to everyone who entered the Billings competition. It’s always fun to give away free software, and I particularly like the fact that we’re able to reward a Twitter follower as well on this occasion. The results are in:
The winning blog comment, chosen at random is:
- Tony S: I’d love a copy of Billings to use for my own personal freelance photography business!!! It would be tremendously helpful!!! Thanks for the opportunity!!!
And the randomly selected Twitter follower is:
A huge congratulation to the winners – you’ll be contacted shortly. Sorry if you missed out, but you’ll have another chance to win again very soon. Next week’s competition will be for a RapidWeaver license, so stay tuned to Twitter or RSS to find out how to win!
Having recently reviewed the popular time tracking and invoicing tool Billings, we have yet another giveaway for you to grab a free copy for yourself. Billings is an excellent tool for managing clients, projects and the time you spend on particular pieces of work.
We’ve giving away two copies in two different ways:
- Copy 1: This will be awarded randomly to one of our Twitter followers – just make sure you follow us to be in with a chance of winning.
- Copy 2: Leave a comment on this post stating why you’d love a copy of Billings – one will be randomly selected as a winner.
You’re welcome to enter through both methods (following us on Twitter and leaving a comment), but you can only win one copy. Do both to double your chances of winning!
The competition will run for one week, and the winning follower and comment will be chosen at random on the 11th March 2009. As with all competitions, there’s just one legal point to make – you aren’t eligible to take part if you work for Envato.
Best of luck, and tell your friends!
Thank you to all those who entered our LittleSnapper competition – I’ve been thoroughly entertained to see all your desktops, and have discovered a bunch of new applications in the process. I was particularly fascinated by all your wonderful desktop wallpapers – very creative!
Here are a few that I particularly liked:
I’ve chosen one comment at random, and am pleased to announce that the winner is:
Congratulations and I hope you enjoy snapping away! Sorry to all of you who didn’t win this time, but there’s a great competition planned for Billings later this week, with two licenses on offer. Stay tuned via Twitter or RSS for more info!
After recently reviewing LittleSnapper we’ve managed to snag a copy to give away to our loyal readers. If you aren’t familiar with the app, a good place to start is my review. Essentially, LittleSnapper is:
- A powerful screenshot and website snapper
- A great way to annotate images
- A place to tag and organize inspirational sites and graphics
- An easy way to share screenshots online
Entering is really simple – all you need to do is take a screenshot of your desktop, upload it to anywhere on the web (MobileMe, Flickr, TwitPic etc) and post a link in the comments below. I’m always fascinated to see the desktops of other Mac users, and it should make a really interesting discussion.
The competition will run for one week, and the winning comment will be chosen at random on the 2nd March 2009. As with all competitions, there’s just one legal point to make – you aren’t eligible to take part if you work for Envato. Only one entry per person please!
Good luck, and I look forward to taking a look at your desktop!
Thank you to all those who entered the WriteRoom competition – I’ve received a steady stream of entries via Twitter all week and have been kept thoroughly entertained with your messages! There were a number of great tweets, ranging from downright groveling to delightfully witty.
Read on for a selection of my favorite entries, along with the winning tweet.
WriteRoom is a great tool for distraction free writing and editing. Our review, posted a few days ago showcased the major features along with my comments on the application. I’m delighted to announce that we’re giving away a copy of WriteRoom, kindly donated by Hog Bay Software. The competition will be run via Twitter, and entering is simple:
- Sign up for a Twitter account if you haven’t already
- Follow AppStorm (macappstorm)
- Tell us (via Twitter) why you’d like to win WriteRoom. Your tweet should take the form: @macappstorm I want to win WriteRoom because… – The funnier the better!
The competition will run for one week, and the winner will be chosen based on which tweet we found to be the funniest and most convincing. The closing date is the 20th February 2009. As with all competitions, there’s just one legal point to make – you aren’t eligible to take part if you work for Envato.
Good luck, and if you have any questions feel free to leave a comment!