One of the best things about working here at Envato is that we have an awesome team of people building, managing, writing, reviewing and working on our sites. Yep, things have come a long way since the early days when there was just a few of us trying to do everything!
Recently our awesome Tuts+ interviewer Emil asked if I minded being video interviewed with some questions put forward by the Psdtuts+ readers. Since no-one really wants to see my enormous head on screen for too long a period of time, I asked my lovely wife and partner in crime Cyan if she’d be in on the interview and we thought we’d put up the video to help celebrate 3 years of Envato.
It was back in 2006 that Envato first launched with our very first site FlashDen. That means next week we’ll be turning 3 years old! Since web years are much like dog years, by my count that makes us pretty darn old. Given how we’ve grown, we’ve decided that this year it’s time we really kicked our celebrations up a notch. Next week for 3 days we’re going to have a massive sequence of birthday events, read on to find out what’s happening …
In case you missed our review, we found Snippet to be an incredibly handy tool for anyone who needs to use the same piece of code or text on a regular basis. It sports a sleek interface, and can be controlled completely via the keyboard.
Entering is simple. All you need to do is:
- Post a link to this competition – either on your website, or via Twitter
- Leave a comment, letting me know where you posted the link!
The competition will run for one week, and we’ll randomly select the ten winners on Thursday 20th August. Good luck, and be sure to follow us on Twitter or subscribe to the RSS feed to find out if you’re a winner!
The idea behind Bodega is that Mac users have never had a central place to find new, good quality software. It aims to replicate on the desktop what the App Store has done for the iPhone.
Bodega is completely free for both users and developers. It aims to be a one-stop shop for your software needs, all done through a simple and straight-forward interface. You can download a copy to get started.
Apologies for the occasional “pop” in this screencast – we’ll have it fixed for the next one!
We’re kicking off a new competition today. It’s slightly different this time, and we’re partnering with one of our sister sites Psdtuts+ for this one. We’re looking for your best lightening themed wallpaper design, incorporating a Mac or AppStorm theme.
Up for grabs are numerous cash prizes, a vareity of Mac applications, and a 1-year membership to Psd Plus. It’s going to be an awesome contest, and you stand to win a copy of Things, Pixelmator, and ExpanDrive.
Good luck, and I look forward to seeing some of your desktop wallpaper designs!
With all the hype centered yearly around MacHeist, it’s common for other bundles to be easily overlooked. One great deal announced yesterday is The Mac Sale, offering ten highly acclaimed applications for $49.99.
The software included in the bundle is:
- Flux – An all-in-one web design app which handles CSS, WYSIWYG, coding, debugging, publishing, and even basic image editing (see our review)
- Scribbles – Whether you want to sketch a cartoon, draw a birthday card or jot down some design ideas, Scribbles can help bring your imagination to life.
- Interarchy – An advanced file-transfer system for OS X, including a brand new protocol built upon SSH.
- Iris – A powerful, intuitive, and easy-to-use solution for all your photo editing needs.
- WriteRoom – An application which takes a completely different approach to writing, stripping away all the distractions you commonly find yourself faced with when using a Mac (see our review)
- REALBasic – A software development tool for creating high-quality applications.
- Houdah Spot – The bestselling file search tool for the Mac, unleashing the full power of Spotlight.
- Stuf – The professional clipboard manager built for the modern Mac.
- TaskPaper – A task manager that recognizes and automatically formats projects, tasks, notes, and tags.
- MarinerCalc – A powerful spreadsheet that can “turn data into information” with powerful tools to analyze, communicate, and share.
The sale has started already and will continue to run until the 18th August. An asking price of $49.99 is a real bargain for the applications on offer, and I’d certainly recommend taking a closer look to decide whether the bundle is worth snapping up.
Disclaimer: Although The Mac Sale are one of our advertisers, this is not a sponsored post. We just think it’s a great deal!
We’d like to say thank you to this month’s AppStorm sponsors, and the great software they create! If you’re interested in advertising, you can order a slot through BuySellAds.
LittleSnapper – Take a look at LittleSnapper from Realmac Software, It’s an awesomely powerful new app to snap, annotate and share screenshots.
Billings – Billings’ simple workflow and intuitive interface makes quoting, invoicing, and time tracking effortless.
Daylite Touch – Daylite Touch is a business productivity manager for the iPhone and iPod touch, winner of a 2009 Macworld Best of Show award, designed as a companion to Daylite on the Mac.
ForkLift – Forklift is a powerful file manager and ferociously fast FTP client, clothed in a clean and versatile UI.
Springy – Springy is a great archiving app for Mac. You can browse archives without extracting, extract only files you need, create and modify archives, and do it all from the Finder contextual menu.
MacBundleBox – A soon-to-be announced bundle sale of Mac software.
Pixelmator – Pixelmator, the beautifully designed, easy-to-use, fast and powerful image editor for Mac OS X has everything you need to create, edit and enhance your images.
CleanMyMac – CleanMyMac represents a sophisticated all-in-one-suite utility that helps keep your Mac clean and healthy.
Easy Tasker – Manage your projects, invoices, clients and so much more from as little as $11 per month, with a companion iPhone app.
Mail Stationery – Hundreds of templates for your e-mails, totally different from those simple dull letters, able to add a hint of emotion.
Cram – Create and study flash cards and multiple-choice tests on your Mac. Ace your next exam with Cram.
Super Cool Coupons – SuperCoolCoupons is a social discount community where every day consumers come to find and share coupons for thousands of online stores.