In this Quick Look, we’re highlighting Raskin. The developer describes Raskin as a desktop user interface Inspired by Jef Raskin which shows you all the stuff on your computer on one single surface. And – with its intuitive zoom and pan navigation – Raskin lets you view, arrange and open documents with ease. In minutes you’ll discover the simplicity and intelligence of our desktop alternative. Raskin has been optimized to run on Mac OS X Snow Leopard.
Read on for more information and screenshots!
About the App
Here are the top five features you can expect to see in the latest version:
- Zoom and pan to open, find, edit and organize documents.
- Quickly navigate across the Raskin Surface
- Trackpad, Magic Trackpad, and Magic Mouse gesture enabled
- “Zoom away” from any document straight into Raskin [⌥⌘-Scroll or ⌥⌘R]
- “Zoom in” to open document in its application
Requirements: Mac OS X 10.6.3
Developer: Raskin Software LLC
Vote for a Review
Would you like to see us write a full review of Raskin? Have your say in our poll:
Quick Look posts are paid submissions offering only a brief overview of an app. Vote in the poll if you think this app is worth an in-depth AppStorm review! If you’re a developer and would like to have your app profiled, you can submit it here.